Veteran attorney Nina Stillman creates and executes complex estate plans for high net worth families and individuals with multiple businesses and real estate holdings. She has a deep understanding of the interplay between an individual’s personal and professional life and offers thoughtful advice on mitigating risks.
Nina safeguards clients and provides peace of mind with her counsel on wills, irrevocable trusts, insurance planning, asset protection, charitable gifting, retirement planning, powers of attorney, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs), Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs) and Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts (SLATs). Her experience also includes international estate planning, trust and probate matters and litigation.
In addition, Nina advises business owners on corporate governance, intellectual property issues, mergers and acquisitions, operational policies and procedures as well as business succession planning.
In her 30 years of practice, Nina has frequently been called upon to serve as an expert witness for legal malpractice trials. Her significant experience analyzing, testifying and rendering opinions informs the skilled counsel she provides to clients.
She is also pursuing coursework in the Master of Law – Taxation program at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, including a wealth transfer tax certificate and courses covering executive compensation in estate planning and domestic and international corporate tax.
Nina provides pro bono counsel to a variety of local organizations. Outside of her legal practice, Nina volunteers with Working In The Schools, where she reads to CPS students and delights in making the kindergarteners laugh.
- Accredited Estate Planner Designation, National Association of Estate Planning Councils
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Estate Planning Council, Member
- National Council of Jewish Women, Member
- Executive Women’s Golf Association, Member
- Lurie Children’s Hospital, Legacy Partners Committee
- ProVisors, Group Leader – Attorney Affinity Group