Ronald is a principal at Fischel Kahn.
Companies and individuals come to Ron when they encounter business problems, from breaches of contract, to partnership disputes, to seeking or preventing injunctions. Clients also turn to him when they are unhappy with the results from state and federal trial courts.
Ron’s primary areas of practice are commercial litigation and chancery actions, and he represents a wide variety of individuals and corporate clients, as well as banks, corporate fiduciaries, and individuals in guardianship proceedings.
While litigation is rarely in a client’s best interest, should it ensue he will zealously advocate for his clients while remaining mindful of the nuances of each situation.
He has extensive trial experience in both State and Federal Courts and has successfully argued before the Illinois Appellate Court and the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ron’s commercial litigation matters have included contract, labor, ERISA, bankruptcy, mortgage foreclosures, breach of guaranty, replevin, attorney malpractice defense, injunctions, accounting, partition, partnership dissolution, mechanics liens, probate, zoning variances, quiet title, and collection matters.
- Illinois State Supreme Court Committee on Character & Fitness, Second District (2015-2018)
- Illinois State Bar Association, Civil Practice & Procedure Committee Member 2012-Present; Secretary 2017-2018
- DuPage County Bar Association, Chair, Appellate Law & Practice Committee 2011-2012; 2016-2017; Chair Alternative Dispute Resolution Committe 2018-2019.
- Chicago Bar Association Dispute Resolution Committee 2018-2019.
- DuPage Bar Foundation 2016-2018; President 2018-2019.
Ron has been appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to serve on its Committee on Character and Fitness for the Second Judicial District. He is regularly asked to speak to groups on a wide range of topics, including legal ethics, civil appeals, and commercial litigation. Ron also regularly pens articles for the Illinois State Bar Association and the DuPage Bar Association.