This multi-faceted role serves as the public face of a boutique Chicago law firm and offers the ability to grow skillsets in a number of key areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitating key interactions between attorneys and clients by drafting correspondence, fielding client inquiries, scheduling client meetings and staffing the reception desk.
- Overseeing key aspects of the firm’s billing processes, including managing attorney time entry, client invoicing and pre-bills, processing payments, creating reports and managing account inquiries and disputes.
- Leading the firm’s marketing efforts including developing web and social media copy, making website updates via WordPress, creating business development materials and working with an outside marketing agency.
- Scheduling and aiding with client meetings including on-site coordinating of mediations.
- Communicating with building management, IT vendors and other service providers to troubleshoot issues and ensure operations are running smoothly.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to be proactive in appropriate situations
- Ability to take and apply feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and willingness to learn additional software
- Previous law firm and/or billing experience preferred
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
What to Expect
An 8:30am – 5 pm remote schedule through August 2021, with an in-person schedule estimated to begin in September 2021
A COVID-precaution-compliant reception desk, including a plexiglass configuration
Competitive salary and bonus with benefits, including health insurance, vacation time, holiday pay and 401K packages
Directly reporting to the firm’s Accounting Manager
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.