David Inlander is Managing Partner of Fischel Kahn.
He is a seasoned family law attorney with a focus on complex matrimonial mediation, collaborative and cooperative resolution processes for sophisticated clients. He also has extensive experience in chancery, trust and probate, and professional liability litigation in addition to his representation of professionals and entrepreneurs.
His skills as a mediator stem from more than 40 years of experience as a leading litigator in both state and federal courts, as he regularly guides challenging cases to resolution.
David is an active member of the Cooperative Divorce Attorneys of Chicago and is engaged in the expansion of alternative dispute resolution methods for high-end matrimonial cases. Utilizing this approach, the parties – not the attorneys and judges – drive the negotiations to an amicable resolution. He continuously refines and deepens his mediation skills, including completing an intensive course at Northwestern University in divorce mediation skills.
In 2019 David was again honored as an Illinois Super Lawyer, selected by his peers as one of the top 5% of the profession in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Family Law. In addition to this, Super Lawyers also named him one of the top 100 general litigation attorneys in the State of Illinois.
David was also selected as a Leading Lawyer of Illinois in addition to being selected as one of 2019”s top 5% of attorneys in Illinois by Best Lawyers in America, in the areas of Family Law, General Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Leading Lawyers also named him a top Neutral of 2018. In addition to these, David is AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence in ethical standards and legal ability.
David Inlander was named a Best Lawyer for both Family Law and Collaborative Law. Further, David was awarded Chicago’s 2019 Family Law “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers.
David is the current Chair of the prestigious Illinois State Bar Association Bench & Bar Section Council and regularly pens articles for its newsletter.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- “Chair’s column: Crisis? National emergency? For Illinois lawyer’s, it’s time to address a serious issue” ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, Vol. 49, no. 7, March 2019 View here
- “Chair’s column: Bench & Bar addresses attacks on the rule of law” ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, Vol. 49, no. 5, January 2019 View here
- “Chair’s column: Truth and the law” ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, Vol. 49, no. 3, September 2018 View here
- “Chair’s column: We could be heroes” ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, Vol. 49, no.1, July 2018 View here
- “Upholding or striking consumer mandatory arbitration clauses- What is the current trend?”
ISBA Bench & Bar Newsletter, Vol. 48, No. 8, February 2018 View here