Bud Dobbins is a principal at Fischel Kahn who represents money center, regional and community financial institutions – as well as business organizations – in their commercial and corporate transactions.
He has extensive experience with secured and unsecured lending, finance, bond-related “credit enhancements” and related transactions, including loan and finance transactions secured by a commercial real property.
Bud’s practice involves diverse and sophisticated areas of the law such as letters of credit, foreign loan facilities, middle market and corporate finance and bank regulatory matters. His secured-transactions experience involves a broad range of collateral forms consisting of personal and real property, securities, investment property, art work, intellectual property, securities and deposit accounts.
He regularly counsels on high-dollar value transactions, including a $45 million secured facility for a hedge fund borrower and a $35 million secured facility for family members involved in professional sports.
His past experience includes:
• Jenner & Block, LLC, Partner, May 2000 – September 2005
• Gardner, Carton & Douglas, Partner, August 1996 – May 2000
• Mayer Brown & Platt, Partner May 1991 – August 1996
• Continental Bank, Vice President & Associate General Counsel, October 1976 – May 1991
• Chemical Bank, Associate Counsel, September 1972 – October 1976
Bud is an AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence in ethical standards and legal ability.
- Illinois State Bar Association